What are the benefits of Pilates on the mat or studio equipment?
Pilates is beneficial for general fitness, specific health conditions and your overall well being
Pilates is a system of controlled exercise & movement designed to stabilise, stretch, strengthen & rebalance muscular recruitment patterns in the entire body.
- It aims to develop and restore balance between stability, strength, flexibility and mobility
- Supports alleviation of musculoskeletal problems and pain.
- Targets deep stability & postural muscles to build strength from inside out.
- Enthusiasts claim to feel leaner, longer, more supple, toned, reduced stress & functionally fitter for their life or sport.
- The additional use of equipment/apparatus can add resistance or provide support and assistance to facilitate all of the above and support you in reaching your goals .
- Practitioners such as Osteopaths, Physiotherapists and GPs frequently endorse Pilates as a safe form of exercise.